Friday 17 July 2009

Introduction

This is my blog, so here's a little introduction.

Hey, I'm Jack Fidler, and can often be found under my nickname of Jack le Cube. I've started this blog as a way to express my love for all areas of guitar, and hopefully provide some information to any readers of the blog. I am to use this blog as sort of a personal journal with means to be of assistance, writing articles about guitars I love, equipment that I love, and everything else. The idea for the name of the site came from the fact that I am currently trying to do anything to get the funds to buy myself a Gibson Les Paul Studio in Worn Cherry, so "I want that guitar!"

Despite my enthusiasm of guitar, I've only been playing about 2 years now. So I'm a mixture of experience and yet, I still have quite a fresh outlook. It's about the 2 years mark that you mature and realise that you want a proper Les Paul rather than some metal playing Jackson? My interest in guitar doesn't stop, I don't just love playing them, I love every aspect of a guitar, the instrument itself. Taking them apart and editing them gives me great pleasure, I'm a man of physics, and I love to know how everything works, most of all guitars. I want to know how every part contributes to that greatest of instruments. This understanding of how things work also applies to my playing, I'm one of those rare types who loves being taught music theory, because it allows me to understand how guitar solos composed by the great guitarists of our time compose such masterpieces, and how I can emulate them, without copying them, originality is the key.

About my guitar playing, I guess this can be a little bit of a question and answer session, so you can find out a little bit more about me. if you wanna ask me anything else, please do.

Q: What Guitar do you currently play?
A: I'm currently playing a Ibanez S470 as my main guitar, it's a very good guitar, I recommend it to anyone, it's so versatile, which is a word that is often thrown about too much. All guitars are versatile, because if you put them through an amp, you can make them sound however you want with the right equipment, but this guitar really is versatile, before you've even gone through pedals. It has a 5 way pickup selector, with a Humbucker, Single, Humbucker pickup combination. It also has Ibanez's latest invention, the ZR bridge, which is the top bridge on the market, break a string and you still stay in tune, how clever is that. It's also a very thin and light guitar, that doesn't lose any tone because of its size. It's very sleek, it's like having the top gadget of a market area, like having a mobile phone with all the mod-cons.

Q: Where are you located?
A: Sunny Sunny Bournemouth, aha. If there are any local bloggers, get in touch regardless of guitar interest, it's always interesting to talk to other bloggers from the local area.

Q: What other interests do you have?
A: The reason my guitar playing venture has been so short so far is because I was raised a sports man, and so instruments didn't come into my life until later on. My other interests include a range of sports, mainly football and rugby, I'm quite big, so I'm a defender for football, or a forward for rugby. (Funny how that works isn't it, at amateur level, your position is dictated by size).

Q: What was your first guitar?
A: An acoustic Yamaha technically, but just a month after getting that I was playing a Fender Squier Stratocaster copy, the Bulletcaster, so I always consider that my first guitar, as I don't really like playing acoustic all that much.

Q: What's your favourite genre of music, favourite artist and favourite album?
A: Oh god, where do I start? Well my favourite genre of music I guess is good old rock, through all ages, from The Who to Oasis. My favourite artist is Oasis. Don't judge me on that, I love their music, it's the only band that despite your poverty, your losses, your dead end job, can still make you feel like you're the greatest man on earth. But despite my tastes highlighted so far, my taste is very wide, I love everything from the heaviest of death metal, like Necrophagist and Carcass, to the lightest of modern Indie music, such as Florence and the Machine or Arctic Monkeys. I also love a lot of Trance music, big fan of Paul Oakenfold. I'm also a huge fan of those guitar virtuoso's, whose videos never get old, Gilbert's Get Out of my Yard, or Batio's Speed Lives, Watching G3 when it was Satch, Vai and Malmsteen, the greatest trio of players, these guys amaze and excite me, and inspire me to try and play better. I also love and support this little known Indie band from Chatham, UK, named Underground Heroes, check 'em out on MySpace, or go to their gigs, I love them. My favourite album is Definitely Maybe, you were probably already guessing it after I said my favourite band was Oasis. There are other albums that come very close though, when I think of music perfection, Darkside of the Moon comes to mind, or Sgt. Peppers.

I aim to keep this blog very up to date, even if it is only for my own tracking, articles about guitars that interest me, and equipment also will be popping up whenever they come into my eye, I'm keen to pass my opinion and get the opinion of others, and meet many people who share a similar interest to that of my own, guitar players unite!

I hope you enjoy the blog, if you do, please come back and see what's going down whenever you can, you might just see an article about the guitar that you want.

:)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment